Christof Rühl, Global Head of Research at Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) and member of Crystol Energy’s Advisory Board, spoke at the 2015 IIF Africa Financial Summit on 4-5 November in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Summit examined the continent’s economic progress and explored options for policymakers and opportunities for investors in this dynamic region of the world. The event featured distinguished keynote speakers and expert panels addressing issues such as:
- The outlook for African economies and financial markets in light of slowing global growth, the slump in commodity prices, and currency market turbulence;
- Progress and challenges of broadening and deepening financial markets to help expand sources of finance for the burgeoning investment needs of African economies;
- The role of technology in the growth of bank and non-bank financial services in Africa;
- Strategies to tackle the massive infrastructure and power needs in African economies; and
- Strategies to better orient capital flows to address urgent investment requirements and support inclusive growth, entrepreneurship, and innovation.