PETEX is the largest subsurface-focussed E&P conference and exhibition in the UK, which takes place on a biennial basis and features a technical programme highlighting the latest developments in global exploration, development, production and subsurface technology. It covers key topics including enabling technologies, exploration from a global perspective and the future of big data effects on the industry.
On Thursday 29 November 2018, Dr Carole Nakhle, CEO of Crystol Energy, chaired the interactive debate session on ‘Time to be optimistic? Exploring The Next 5 Years of Oil & Gas’, with contributions from:
- Professor John Underhill, Heriot-Watt University
- Irene Waage Basili, CEO, Shearwater Geoservices
- Phil Loader, Strategic Advisor, Secrest Capital Group
- Lydia Rainforth, CFA, Managing Director, European Energy Equity Research, Barclays
- Malcolm Brown, President, Geological Society of London
- Valery Chow, Senior Energy Advisor within the Shell Scenarios Team