Date and Time: Wednesday, 26 February 2020, 17:30 – 21:00
Location: IHS Markit, 25 Ropemaker St, EC2Y 9LY, London
Oil and gas markets have witnessed fundamental changes since the advent of the shale revolution. Depressed prices relatively to only a few years ago are forcing oil and gas companies to reconsider their investment portfolio and to become more selective in the allocation of their capital.
Some of the questions that our distinguished speakers will address during the discussion include, among others:
- What is the trend in global exploration?
- Where are companies exploring?
- Is conventional exploration still attractive?
- How can host governments influence exploration activity and how are they balancing between maintaining interest in exploration while pursuing aggressive climate policies?
- Is the risk of stranded assets real?
- What about the risk of supply crunch?
- Lord David Howell, former Secretary of State for Energy in the UK and Co-Chairman of AccessWIE
- Toril Bosoni, Senior Oil Market Analyst, IEA
- Ian Conway, Executive Director, Research and Consulting, Oil Industry and Markets Division, IHS
- Alana Finlayson, Senior Exploration Geologist, Oil and Gas Authority
- Michael Tholen, Sustainability Director, Oil & Gas UK
- Vera H. de Moraes Dantas Innes, Leading Partner, Noronha Advogados
- Mark Hume, Director, the Natural Resources team, the Fundamental Active Equity, BlackRock
Dr Carole Nakhle, CEO of Crystol Energy and Director of AccessWIE, will chair the discussion.
- Registration: 17.30
- Discussion: 18.00
- Networking reception: 19.30
- Event closes: 21.00
To join this highly informative discussion, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At AccessWIE, we always aim to have a balanced gender representation.