– In Helsinki, President Putin referred to aligning interests between US and Russia regarding the oil market. Could a closer alignment on oil policy between the US and Russia be a reality?
– The Saudi decision to raise production appeases Russia and US, but risks OPEC unity. With the global oversupply gone and a tighter market ahead, Saudi Arabia may believe OPEC has outlived its usefulness. Is this a fair conclusion to make?
– When discussing US sanctions on Iran’s oil exports, one needs to take a few factors into consideration:
- Softening of US rhetoric on ‘zero exports”, there is no escaping exemptions really?
- Does the EU have the will and the ability to defy President Trump and continue dealing with Iran?
- How can the China-US Trade dispute impact US sanctions on Iran? Will the sanctions this time have a bigger, smaller or similar effect on Iran’s exports?
Watch the full interview (in Arabic)