Dr Valentina Dedi
- Dr Carole Nakhle, Director of Crystol Energy;
- Dr Gavin Graham, Advisor of Crystol Energy;
- Hedda Felin, SVP Statoil;
- Marcin Jastrzebski, Deputy CEO of Lotos;
- Professor Stuart Haszeldine, University of Edinburgh; and
- Luc Vandenbulcke, Managing Director of GeoSea.
Lord Howell, Chairman of Crystol Energy’s Advisory Board, led the discussion.
Although jobs have been slashed, operations are more efficient and output has increased. There is scope for more collaboration as new and smaller firms move in to develop small-sized fields, but a question mark remains over whether existing infrastructure will be around to support these developments. Technological developments such as moveable platforms and lower cost wind turbine is feeding through. A future bonanza awaits those involved in the major decommissioning required.
Find here the link to an article written by Dr Nakhle on the future of the North Sea.
Summary points of the meeting, along with pictures can be found here.