Crystol Energy advises governments, international and national investors, service companies and all relevant stakeholders in the energy sector. We understand this is a long-term business that encompasses diverse players, and the right balance of expertise and experience is required to successfully align their needs.
We regularly advise governments on how best to work with private investors of every size, and equally we help companies to work well with host governments.
With governments, we assist in the design of energy policies that will help to develop and maximise domestic energy resources. We also help them to manage the resulting wealth to gain long lasting economic benefits. To investors, we offer detailed assessment of the local investment climate and expertise for developing the right strategy. Using our depth of regional knowledge, we help to support communications with local authorities at every level.
Here are a few examples of the projects we have been involved in:
- Assessing country specific investment prospects in hydrocarbon and renewable energy sectors, in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and South East Asia
- Advising on petroleum revenue management policy, including the establishment of a petroleum fund
- Tracking geopolitical developments, economic and business risk in the Middle East and North Africa
- Drafting energy policy, petroleum legislation and contracts
- Assessing Production Sharing Contracts
- Providing independent advice in dispute resolution between a host government and project partners
- Designing fiscal regimes for conventional and unconventional petroleum resources
- Development of a financial model to forecast oil and gas production and revenues
- Improving the accuracy of the fiscal and macroeconomic model for an international organisation and make it more user friendly
- Upstream oil and gas regulations (conventional and unconventional resources)
- Gas monetisation strategy
- Advising on a country’s plan to build a refinery
- Guiding the establishment and management of a national oil company
- Providing regular energy business reports to investment agencies and embassies