Crystol Energy advises governments, international and national investors, service companies and all relevant stakeholders in the energy sector. We understand this is a long-term business that encompasses diverse players, and the right balance of expertise and experience is required to successfully align their needs.
We regularly advise governments on how best to work with private investors of every size, and equally we help companies to work well with host governments.
With governments, we assist in the design of energy policies that will help to develop and maximise domestic energy resources. We also help them to manage the resulting wealth to gain long lasting economic benefits. To investors, we offer detailed assessment of the local investment climate and expertise for developing the right strategy. Using our depth of regional knowledge, we help to support communications with local authorities at every level.
Here are a few examples of the projects we have been involved in:
- Advised on the competitiveness of the licensing and fiscal regime of deepwater provinces
- Provided regular reviews on key developments in world oil and gas markets to international investment institutions
- Assessed country specific investment prospects in hydrocarbon and renewable energy sectors, in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and South East Asia
- Advised a private client on global and regional oil and gas trends and their impact on the investment opportunities in the Middle East
- Advised the Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC) on how to enhance its governance and transparency
- Developed the concept note and content for an educational gas TV documentary – Utilising Ghana’s Gas Resources in Pursuit of an Inclusive Growth and Development Agenda – in Ghana
- Assessed the institutional framework, legislation and petroleum fiscal regime in Tunisia with recommendations to improve the investment climate in the country
- Supported the development of administrative capacity of parliaments in several developing countries, on energy related subjects
- Advised on economic diversification strategy in Algeria
- Advised an investment fund in the Middle East on LNG market developments and investment opportunities in Asia Pacific
- Drafted energy policy, petroleum legislation and contracts in various countries across Latin America and Africa
- Provided independent advice in dispute resolution between a host government and project partners in Central Asia
- Developed a financial model to forecast oil and gas production and revenues for a client in West Africa
- Improved the fiscal and macroeconomic model of an international organisation
- Advised a government in East Africa on its plan to build a refinery
- Provided regular energy business reports to investment agencies, SWF and embassies in the Middle East