In energy, as in every sector, it is vital to keep learning, deepening knowledge, and developing new skills. Crystol Energy provides focused and effective training courses to help clients gain the understanding and expertise that they need.
Drawn from academia, industry and government, our coaches and instructors ensure that our courses balance the highest academic standards with hands-on practicality. This blend of strengths is simply unique.
We help governments to develop and build administrative capacity, whilst in the private sector we deliver courses that are fine-tuned to those with energy experience and those new to the field. For academic and training institutions, Crystol Energy helps to design and deliver energy-related courses.
Tailored to fit the background, expectations and experience of each client, our courses inspire active engagement, case study discussions and group work. The aim is always to convey a deep and lasting understanding of the topics and to keep clients up to date with the latest global developments in energy. Eminent guest speakers and enriching study tours specifically relevant to individual courses help to increase the effectiveness of our training.
Accommodating and accessible, our training can be held in central London and other major cities around the world, or wherever a client is located. They can also be delivered in Arabic, English, French, and Portuguese.
Our tailored courses include:
- Energy economics and finance
- Petroleum fiscal regimes and contractual arrangements
- Financial and fiscal modelling
- Fundamentals of the oil market, natural gas and LNG
- Fundamentals of shale oil and gas
- Electricity, oil and gas regulations
- Environmental regulations
- Decision making analysis
- Understanding petroleum geology
- International taxation, transfer pricing and VAT
Here are some examples of in-country courses Crystol Energy organised and delivered:
- Training to strengthen the technical and fiscal capacity of the UNDP team at the Ministry of Finance in Lebanon to advise on energy policy reforms.
- In-country training to the Uganda Revenue Authority on upstream petroleum taxation and contracts as well as the fundamentals of oil and gas industry. A similar course was delivered to the Government of Swaziland, in Mbabane.
- Training on oil and gas market fundamentals to the Government of Mozambique (officials from four ministries).
- Training on production sharing and joint operating agreements to Qatar Petroleum.
- Training on oil and gas fundamentals, licensing, contracts and fiscal regimes to representatives from civil societies and media groups from the Middle East and North Africa region (through the Lebanese Centre for Policy Studies and Natural Resource Governance Institute).