Access for Women in Energy (AccessWIE) engages its members in a range of activities, all aiming to promote the development of women in the energy sector, globally. All our events are by invitation only.
Our premiere event took place on July 23rd, 2007 at Eversheds LLP and focused on the sustainability of nuclear energy.
AccessWIE runs exclusive roundtable discussions, to address strategic issues involving energy globally. Our roundtable events are typically held in a dinner format.
Previous roundtable discussions include:
- Geopolitical Risks in the Middle East, hosted by Fieldfisher
- Energy and Geopolitics in CIS, hosted by Fieldfisher
- Iran – Winners and Losers, hosted by Petrofac
- Offshore Brazil Review, hosted by Norton Rose
- Impact of Growth of Electric Vehicles, hosted by Barclays Capital
- Energy in the Eastern Mediterranean: An explosive gas find?, hosted by Clifford Chance
- Development of Gas Market in Qatar, hosted by the Qatar Embassy in London
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration, hosted by Shell
AccessWIE organises regular informed debates on global energy related issues. These are usually held on a quarterly basis.
Previous seminars include:
- The Impact of Digitalisation on Employment in the Oil and Gas Industry; hosted by S&P Global Talent Acquisition
- Natural Gas and LNG in Shifting Markets, hosted by Petronas
- Middle East Oil and Gas: Facing new realities, hosted by Baker Mackenzie
- Assessing the Investment Climate in Iran, hosted by Pinsent Masons
- Oil Market Developments and Brexit, hosted by Trowers & Hamlins
- Energy Geopolitics and the New World Order – the implications for Brazil, hosted by the Brazilian Chamber of Commerce
- The New Oil Market Realities: their economic and geopolitical impact, hosted by Arab Bankers
Energy trade missions
In 2017, AccessWIE embarked on its first annual Energy Mission. Targeting a major energy producing and consuming country, a mission features a carefully selected and balanced variety of meetings with leading government institutions and private organisations.
AccessWIE members participating in the mission acquire a comprehensive overview of business opportunities in the energy sector in the country visited and establish a valuable business network at the highest level.
Read about our Energy Mission to the UAE
AccessWIE provides training support to its members who want to venture into new areas of the energy industry or simply expand their knowledge.
We work with respectable academic institutions, such as the Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC) to hold such events.
Previously, we also collaborated with the Greek Energy Forum Academy – Energy Union for Future Leaders, to deliver training held under the auspices of the European Commission. Read more here.
Career talk and advice
AccessWIE gives career talk and advice, sharing a wealth of industry experience and insight, in order to empower women to achieve their aspirations.
The first of these talks was delivered in September 2017 to Wood Mackenzie, a global consultancy firm, where feedback from attendees included, “Loved Dr Nakhle’s reflections on how she got to where she is today – resilience, curiosity and drive! Feeling very inspired”, “It was extremely well-constructed and delivered” and “Great talk – thank you for organising!”
Recent career talks include:
- The Global Energy Transition: Is the oil and gas industry ready?, hosted by BP Technology Center UK
Through our social media, AccessWIE enables members to exchange news and views, identify new business opportunities and entrepreneurship, fill job vacancies and promote their own expertise.
AccessWIE is a non-for-profit group that operates under the generous support of sponsors who are strong advocates of empowering women in the energy sector.
Crystol Energy sponsors and supports AccessWIE.
If you are interested in sponsorship and/or hosting/supporting an event, please contact: email@example.com