The Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) launched the 2017 Resource Governance Index on 28 June.
The index includes new assessments of oil, gas and mining governance in 81 countries. It comprises primary research on value realization and revenue management, and draws on existing research to paint a picture of countries’ enabling environments for governance. The assessments take into account laws and practices concerning licensing, taxation, state-owned enterprises, sovereign wealth funds, subnational revenue sharing, national budgeting and local impacts of extraction, among others.
- Ernesto Zedillo – Professor of International Economics and Politics, Yale University; Former President of Mexico
- Daniel Kaufmann – President and CEO, Natural Resource Governance Institute
- Mohammed Amin Adam – Deputy Minister of Energy (Petroleum) Ghana
- Dr Carole Nakhle, CEO, Crystol Energy
- Aidan Davy – Chief Operating Officer, International Council on Mining and Metals
- Elisa Peter – Executive Director, Publish What You Pay
Moderator: Sean Hinton – Open Society Foundations and Board member NRGI