Access for Women in Energy (AccessWIE), in collaboration with IHS Markit, organised an evening seminar on the Future of Oil and Gas Exploration. The event was held at the IHS office in London on 26 February 2020.
After Paul Markwell, VP, IHS Markit, made the opening remarks, Dr Carole Nakhle, CEO of Crystol Energy and President of AccessWIE, moderated the discussion, which featured presentations from the following renowned speakers who provided a comprehensive overview of the outlook of oil and gas exploration, particularly under the dual challenges of lower oil prices and energy transition.
- Lord Howell, Co-Chairman of AccessWIE and Former Secretary of State for Energy in the UK, brought in the policy maker’s perspective.
- Toril Bosoni, Senior Oil Market Analyst at IEA, and Ian Conway, Executive Director, Upstream Research and Consulting at IHS Markit, provided an overview of past and future global trends in the industry.
- Alana Finlayson, Senior Exploration Geologist at Oil and Gas Authority (OGA), and Michael Tholen, Sustainability Director at Oil & Gas UK, discussed the important interaction between the government and the industry with a special focus on the UK and the North Sea.
- Vera H. de Moraes Dantas Innes, Leading Partner at Noronha Advogados, highlighted the factors shaping investment in exploration in Brazil; and
- Mark Hume, Director, the Natural Resources team, the Fundamental Active Equity at BlackRock, shared with the participants the key factors that the financial community considers when deciding on funding exploration activities.